NPAS Happy Christmas from Jill & Eamon
This year has been a strange one for us but as it draws to a close we are looking forward to a bright new year! We are trying to get back to class and working with venues and with The Department of Arts to see when and how we can return to classes in person. Our silent protest at Dáil Eireann was a great success and we are trying be back in class on Saturday 16th of January 2021. As with everything this year nothing is certain but we are as hopeful as we have been recently. If we do not get back to classes in person we will continue with our Zoom Classes which have been a great success and are a great option for our Students. We have to thank all our staff, teachers, web design team and admin for getting our Zoom Studios up and running. It really has been wonderful, a new and interesting experience for us all. Here are just two quotes from parents about their experience of NPAS Zoom.
“We would much much prefer to be having the class in person and are looking forward to when that will happen again. However one advantage of this is that I can see how the class unfolds and this insight is actually gorgeous.
Well done on creating a product that is just fabulous, in circumstances that are, to say the least, less than ideal”. Louise (Parent)
“To be honest I held some trepidation on whether the ballet class would translate via zoom especially as children can find it difficult to concentrate at times and given the potential for distraction at home. I was privy to the class on Saturday afternoon (whilst in the kitchen, doing the laundry of course! money never sleeps :P), but what was emerging from the laptop, the energy and connection exuding from the teacher and how she engaged my daughter and the other girls was amazing. It is a sheer delight to witness the magic that unfolds in an NPAS class and even to see how it translates digitally. A sincere well done to you all for navigating this difficult unpredictable time and for working so hard to maintain and provide a creative outlet that is so intrinsic for our kids during this time!” Laura (Parent)
Term 2 Saturday 16th January 2021
One way or another we will be starting class in person or on Zoom on Saturday 16th January. Booking will begin on Tuesday the 5th of January. We will be in touch with Student’s in Term 1 to offer them priority booking on Monday the 4th January. The Timetable and Booking will be updated at that time. Classes cannot be booked until January 2021.
Our Venues are ready, and we are ready to get back into our Studios. We are working on getting to see you all again and we really hope that it won’t be too long until we are all Singing, Dancing and Acting together again.
Kindest Wishes for the Christmas Season, and for 2021.
Jill & Eamon
We were involved with the Silent Protest at Dáil Éireann to get our classes back. We are very hopeful that we will see you all in person in 2021! Santa is on our side 🙂
What have we been doing in 2020!!
* In January and Frbruary we held Auditions and recalls for The Olympia Show
* We had Ballet, Drama and Musical Theatre Exams in January & February
* Hannah’s classes took part in Perform Festival at The RDS in March
* In April we launched NPAS @ Home
* NPAS @ home was a weekly Newsletter filled with all things NPAS each Saturday
* NPAS @ Home ran straight through for 10 weeks to May
* Recording of Online Classes in May which are still available at the link below
* Recorded a Charity song with Students & The Tiernan Family for Charity
* Involved with the charity to get iPads and Technology for Nursing Homes
* Charity Dance Video starring NPAS Students, helping to raise over €10,000
* Launch of the NPAS Shop Online – Link Below – Perfect for Christmas!
* July and August Summer Camps in person in Dalkey and Ringsend
* Free Zoom Dance Workshops with Bianca from New York throughout August
* August and September Training Courses for NPAS Staff on Zoom
* Launch of over 40 NPAS Zoom Classes online on 17th October
* Agency Webinar in November. Online with Molly, Susan & Louis & Guests
* December Silent Protest “Get Our Classes Back” at Dáil Éireann
It has been a very busy year at NPAS, and we couldn’t do it without our NPAS Family. We have to thank our Teachers, our Administration Staff and everyone who makes the NPAS Experience happen. In September & October our Design Team and developed a 6 Studio Zoom product from scratch and we are so grateful to each and every one of them. NPAS is a Family, and a Team. We love what we do, and what we will continue doing, and we could not do it without our Team.
We also want to thank all our magical Students and their parents who send them to our school. Their support and kindness towards us has helped us over the months and we are so very grateful to each and every one of you.
2021 is on the way and we hope it will be a great one for you all!
Jill and Eamon
Directors @ NPAS
NPAS Staff Xmas Zoom Party!